Wednesday, September 18, 2013

How to Begin Meal Prepping

Hey dolls!

So yesterday was my sister and I's first time of officially meal prepping for the week!  I have been wanting to do this for months since I have been following @mealprepmondays on instagram, and their examples of meal prepping are BEAUTIFUL.  When I catch myself on their page scrolling down,  looking at all the deliciously foods prepared for the week I'd literally be drooling! Ha! :D

So what is Meal prepping?

It's simply prepping your healthy meals for the week all in one day! Killing time within the week, keeping your diet on track (fyi : no temptations to buy food outside !) and moving forward with creating and experimenting dishes in the kitchen! (You will feel so good after cooking and packing everything).

Just make sure to get tupperware for lunch and dinner! I started with plastic ones, but will work my way up to glass Tupperware because they preserve food longer!

If you are new to this like me, I would advise to keep it simple.  I listed each lunch and dinner including  4 different categories:

Protein
Carbs
Veggies
Snack

There are so many good examples online of different types of foods you can use to switch it up (I get bored easily eating the same food two days in a row). Check out the meal prep website: http://my2.tupperware.com/tup-html/M/mealprepmondays-welcome.html  its a great tool to get started and it will become your own meal-prep familia :)

Below is my picture of my first week, including :

AM Snacks: Plum, Banana and Apples

Lunches (left) &Dinner (right) :

1) Chicken, quinoa, spinach & geen beans
2) Lean Ground turkey patty, arugala & cucumber salad, sweet potatoes & brown curry rice
3) Tuna, red/ green peppers & mushrooms, Butternut squash
4) Turkey meatballs, gluten-free pasta, kale and green beans

A 1/4 slice of avocado with each meal.

And almonds for treat!

For dinner ones I switched some things up but all contains the same types of foods above.

Try your own and post pictures up!






Peace&love,


Alba

P.s follow me on instagram:   travelthe_world

No comments:

Post a Comment