Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hey.. YOU, YES YOU!

I haven’t written a blog post since the end of June and summer is already over. Where has the time gone?! Where have I been? Geesh I feel like I have been everywhere in the world but yet..I really I haven’t. I went to Boston and Maine for about three weeks, visited family and friends, And actually had a vacation in Maine at Point Sebago. Beautiful nature surrounded, family camp resort. I post some pictures below.



But the struggle of it all, is once I leave NYC for a week or two I feel completely worthless and unproductive since I can’t do much auditions and attend events in Boston. (So occupied with catching up that when I eventually try to look up some work in Boston & I find nothing.) Its a bummer but each time is different. 

Where am I in my career? Lordy Lord, I have been going to many more auditions, taking classes, and getting coached. I ordered my head shots, postcards, and business cards to send to 10 agencies that I am interested in. I have a specific procedure I am going to follow within sending out my resume, thanks to my business coach Lisa Gold (check her out at Actoutsidethebox.com) She is an amazing women inside and out and teaches you the truths of the show biz!

I have also been working on a web series, called Anchor which you all can also watch the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am0LQicE2j0&index=12&list=PL390812E0AF331C4A


It’s pretty insane how you work on a passion project and feel so connected with the whole cast. Like I never met anyone from the cast before until rehearsals, and it just feels like family. Thats my favorite part about working on a project, meeting awesome people that share and teach you so many things on this journey.

Coming to Nyc now officially TWO WHOLE YEARS, freaking bananas!!!; has really taught me on how to let go of judgmental thoughts about myself and others and just really ride the wave. 

Its hard yes, to continuesly do that, but when you incorporate it in your life and attempt to make it a habit, it becomes your lifestyle. Letting go of drama within family and friends or yourself can be a bit selfish you say? The truth is, its ok to be a little selfish, at least for yourself. You deserve anything you want here on this pilgrimage we call life. Nothing can possibly stop you but yourself. The ego is the biggest enemy that really holds most of us back. 

Killing the ego is the challenge, but YOU CAN DO ANYTHING

People always say they want to be happy right? Reaching happiness as a goal is kind of a failure. Because once that day comes, then what are you going to do? What you really have to do is maintain the happiness within your life time, within your journey….BUT HOW? Enjoy each and every moment you have, from the moment of being grateful of waking up in the morning, to the breakfast on your plate to having time to look up to the sky and be able to breathe the fresh air of any season.

Appreciating the smallest things in life become your little niches of happiness. Once you open that door, you start creating more opportunities towards your overall happiness. 

Life is love. Your in control of all the love you give and receive. it just takes practice.

I leave you with a favorite quote of mine:

"It seems that our paths in life are not found in our minds. Our path in life is to find out what is on our hearts." 
- Robert T. Kiyosaki


Love & Blessings,
Albamarina N.

1 comment: